For security purposes, the lock codes for PadSplits are not provided until a Member's move-in day. On your move-in day, you'll receive a Welcome Email from PadSplit. This email will include your address, front door code and information about your private room door lock. This information will also appear on your Member Dashboard.
A lock can often be tricky to figure out the first time you use it. Here are a few tips to try when the lock code is not working.
- Double check the codes and move-in instructions in your Welcome Email. Often the Host will provide detailed steps for accessing the home.
- Front Door: Try entering your code followed by a *, #, lock state button, or check mark and turn the doorknob down. If that doesn't work, start over and turn the doorknob up. If your front door has a remote lock and an additional handle you need to turn both at the same time.
- Room Door: Enter the code and turn the knob to the right. If that doesn't work, enter the code and turn the knob to the left.
If you are still unable to access the home or your room:
- Text your Host using the phone number in your Welcome Email. Describe the problem and send a photo. Please allow the Host at least 30 minutes to respond. In almost all cases, your Host will be able to remedy the situation in a reasonable amount of time.
- If your Host is not responsive or has not provided a reasonable accommodation for your problem, please Contact Member Support.