At PadSplit, the safety of our Members and Hosts is our number one priority. PadSplit takes violence very seriously.
PadSplit will utilize the following procedure in cases where violence is reported in a home:
- PadSplit will triage the immediate report by reminding Members of the following:
- To immediately call the police if they feel that they or someone else is in danger
- Of their ability to file a TPO (Temporary Protective Order) with the county
- Of their ability to transfer to another PadSplit home
- PadSplit will alert the Host of the reported incident. The Host may then contact PadSplit if they wish to do any of the following:
- Recommend Termination of the Membership of any Member at the property
- Offer impacted Members financial concessions or a free transfer to another one of their PadSplit properties
- In addition, PadSplit:
- Will terminate the Membership of any named Member in a valid TPO (paperwork must be provided to PadSplit by Member it is issued to)
- Will determine if any further action will be taken on our part after an internal review
If a Membership is terminated due to our violence policy, the Member will be unable to return to PadSplit.