We all spend a good deal of time in our bedrooms. They’re our places to rest, relax, think, and dream. We all want our bedrooms to be positive environments that reflect our personalities. But how can you create a comfortable, organized, and personalized room when you’re on a budget? We’ve gathered some of our favorite ideas and resources below.
How to Decorate Your Room on a Budget
Hanging some carefully selected artwork is the easiest and most effective way to create a bedroom where you can thrive. If you’re looking to purchase some budget-friendly art, here are some ideas:
- Hanging art that promotes positive thinking is a great way to turn your bedroom into a restorative place. We had fun browsing Society 6 for artwork in this category.
- Want to wake up happy? Make a canvas print of your loved ones the first thing you see each morning. Shutterfly offers some affordable, customizable options.
If you’re feeling creative, you can also make your own artwork! Pinterest is full of budget-friendly, DIY art ideas.
Pro Tip: When you’re renting, putting nails in the wall is not an option. Instead of nails or tape that can leave a stain, use Command Strips to hang your artwork. They are easy, durable, and leave no hole or mess behind.
Beautify Your Bed
The bed is the focal point of any bedroom and it all comes down to your comforter and pillows. When you move into a PadSplit, your room comes furnished, but Members have to bring their own bedding. Whether you choose calm, neutral tones or jazzy, colorful patterns, the bed’s design will set the tone of the entire room. Here are two ways to have your bed make a big impact on a budget:
- Choose the right duvet cover. Duvet covers are an excellent way to make a design statement without making a big commitment. A duvet cover is essentially a sheet that is specifically designed to fit around your comforter. You can swap them out for different looks any time you want! Target is a great source for neutral or bold looks.
- Add some decorative pillows. One or two decorative pillows can really make your room feel lush. Depending on your aesthetic, look for vibrant colors, frilly details or interesting textures. If you have some time, we recommend browsing the pillow aisles at your local Homegoods for a quality pillow at a bargain price.
Style Your Storage
How do you inject personality into a room without making it feel cluttered? Make your storage solutions part of the room’s aesthetic. Here are a few ideas for functional storage solutions that also pack a design punch:
- Bigger, inexpensive storage options don’t have to be drab, clear plastic buckets. These containers from Ikea are sleek and punchy in a mint green color.
- Hold all of your pens, paperclips, and other junk drawer items in a colorful and incredibly inexpensive cardboard desk set. Or, make your clutter look nice by arranging it in a patterned tray.
You don’t need a design degree or a massive bank account to make your space shine. Browse our available PadSplits, and find a bedroom to call your own! Your weekly payment gives you more than a private bedroom; it covers everything you need, including utilities, wifi, laundry, and free perks like 24/7 telemedicine.